Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Toy Hall of Fame - Blog Research #1

1. After doing some research on the Toy Hall of Fame website, I came across a list of the final 12 toys that made the list. My favorite 5 toys on the list include: Bubble Wrap, Pinball, Care Bears, a Swing, and UNO. These toys are classic toys that children have grown up with. Bubble Wrap was actually intended to become wallpaper, but after a mishap, consumers quickly became entertained by popping the bubbles. Care Bears are soft bears which promote friendship and kindness. The pinball machine is not only popular in arcades, but also in homes. The swing really took off during the suburban movement in America, with most families owning a swing in their backyard for children to use. Lastly, the family card game, UNO, is popular with everyone. Creative branding like Elvis Presley themed UNO and Disney themed UNO helped promote the game even more.

2. Once I looked at the Hall of Fame list, I became nostalgic. Most of these toys, such as a the swing and Care Bears are toys that I used when I was younger. Another thought I had was that I never considered "bubble wrap" to be a toy. I guess the term toy could be anything that provides entertainment for the consumer. Bubble Wrap undoubted has created entertainment for the consumer. Looking at this Hall of Fame was really cool to look at and view what toys are popular today.

No comments:

Post a Comment